background

Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Today I wanted to share with you a little whim I had last week. I don't really know why but I have been really wanting to decorate for St. Patrick's Day this year. I also did a little research on line and found out more about the holiday and about St. Patrick. It's pretty interesting stuff! ;)

However, it is pretty difficult to find nice and inexpensive decorations for St. Patty's Day. So I decided I'd make something of my own. It's not like I don't have enough supplies around anyway, right?!

I grabbed some Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White card stock and sat down with my Cricut and the Storybook cartridge. I made the banner out of 3" Wild Wasabi kinda rectangle scallops, then the Whisper White is 2 1/2" rectangle scallops. The letters are made with Pear Pizzazz card stock at 2 1/4". Then the flourish is also Pear Pizzazz at 1 1/2" and I shadowed it with the Wild Wasabi.
For the crown I used the Home Decor cartridge and made it at 1 1/2" with the Pear Pizzazz and Wild Wasabi shadow combo. The ribbon is a fun green with gold edge I had picked up at Michaels at some point.

I hope you enjoy my little project. Thanks for lookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment