background

Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Taylored Expressions October Blast From The Past Blog Hop

Whoo hoo! I am so excited to be included in this blog hop! My very first ever! And what fun it is with Taylored Expressions! I have been getting her Key Ingredients Kits for about the last 4 months and have SO enjoyed them. They are awesome and such fun to get in the mail! I am totally a fan! lol! Then when I saw her blog post about this blog hop I jumped right in on it! Yippee! I am using the CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS set and it's just beautiful. It's all about my Jesus so how could it not be right!!?? ;)

Here is the full view of my card. I love the 'Simply Jesus' sentiment. All I did was stamp the image on card stock and gave it a little Smooch. I think it has a rustic elegance about it. Hence the twine tied to the wide grosgrain. ;) I also dry embossed a frame about a 1/4" all around the card. Kinda hard to see that in the picture but it really adds something to the card.


This is my first experience using Smooch and I have to say, I like it! It has a really fine tip applicator and just gives your work that extra touch.

In this shot you get a closer look at the dry embossing I did around the edges of the card and a bit more of the Smooch!

Well I hope you liked my card and my first submission in a blog hop. I hope it's the first of many! Make sure you check out the rest of the fun examples and share some love with your comments!


18 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this card, Amanda. . .the sentiment says it all ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE using Smooch!! So easy to use isn't it?! Love the rustic elegance of the card, that is the perfect description! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply elegant! Love this set with the kraft...looks great! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful Christmas card! love the nativity and your gorgeous ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and elegant! Love the touch of red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this - the kraft is perfect!! I know what you mean about this set!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BEAUTIFUL Amanda! LOVE the CAS design and the scoring around the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Amanda. That dry embossing does add a nice touch to the card. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card is beautiful, this is one of my favorite sets too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope this is the first of many submissions too!! Absolutely stunning card and totally elegant. So glad you played along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, I love the browns with the hint of red and your Christmas scene is sooo beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning card...just lovely in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card! I LOVE the added score lines! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeously elegant! Love the little pop of red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how lovely and elegant! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love this. I really like the texture. I love it when I look at cards and think, how simple, why didn't I think of that. So, love it!

    ReplyDelete