background

Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge ~ Color Challenge ~ Buttercup, Black and Tulip




Ooh, I think I love color challenges! This weeks challenge was to use Buttercup, Black and Tulip and make a card with them. Well what awesome colors to use together ~ love it! I've been wanting to use my "A Posy" stamp set and haven't yet so I whipped that baby out and this is what I came up with!

I used Papertreyink.com's white card stock. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the Tulip card stock, then sponged the edges. I mounted that on the buttercup textured card stock and added black brads. I then stamped the posy in Buttercup, the stem and leaf in Sweet Leaf and the center in Tulip. I made an extra flower center and leaf and used dimensional adhesive to pop them up and add some dimension.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out and I love the color challenge! Yea!

6 comments:

  1. Ooo I like your finished color challenge card! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! you worked the colors beautifully! thanks for playing along with H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "a posy" and the detail you put into this card. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The embossed background is a nice touch...and I like the white space at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the 3-d effect you did with the leaf and flower center.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet and clean, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete